Agency and Physical Origins
The Big Bang: Finely Tuned Creation
- The Kalam Cosmological Argument
- Everything that comes into existence has a cause
- The universe came into existence
- The universe has a cause
- William Lane Craig is arguably the best expositor of the Kalam Cosmological Argument.
- Hume had to argue against cause and effect to support his materialist thesis.
Anthropic Fine Tuning
- The windows of creation
- Hoyle: "A common sense interpretation of the facts suggests that a super intellect has monkeyed with physics, as well as with chemistry and biology, and that there are no blind forces worth speaking about in nature." [I take "monkeyed with" as Hoyle's expression of "agency"]
The Laws of Nature
- The existence of laws that apply at all times and places in the universe implies a lawmaker.