Evidence from the Bible That Nature is to be Taken as a Faithful Witness to the Creator
- The Bible teaches that everything in nature was made by God. In my mind, this passage totally wipes out any "satanic counterfeit" argument.
1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
2 He was in the beginning with God.
3 All things were made through him, and without him was not any thing made that was made.
4 In him was life, and the life was the light of men.
5 The light shines in the darkness, and the darkness has not overcome it.
- God's creation is to evoke awe and worship, and from it we can learn of God's majesty. In this passage there is not a hint of "Watch out, nature is tainted by the fall and we must be wary of it."
1. O Lord, our Lord, how majestic is your name in all the earth!
3. When I look at your heavens, the work of your fingers, the moon and the stars, which you have set in place,
4. what is man that you are mindful of him, and the son of man that you care for him?
- The creation speaks of the Creator, and we are to learn from it.
1 The heavens declare the glory of God,
and the sky above proclaims his handiwork.
2 Day to day pours out speech,
and night to night reveals knowledge.
- It is our responsibility to look at the evidence that God has given in what He has made and to learn from it of His greatness and power.
19 For what can be known about God is plain to them, because God has shown it to them.
20 For his invisible attributes, namely, his eternal power and divine nature, have been clearly perceived, ever since the creation of the world, in the things that have been made. So they are without excuse.